Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 
Colossians 3:17

I love thankful Thursday posts. It is a great way to reflect on the past week, starting from the previous Thursday and move forward to today and see how the Lord continues to bless us, provide for us, and love us.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.  
Psalms 136:1

So to scroll through our thankful memories for the week. Our oldest was nominated for UIL for school- he went to the first meeting and will compete in the area of Math. I am very excited for him to have this opportunity. This past week he has also been selected as a nominee to be an Ambassador for his school to go to A&M Galveston, he had to write an Essay which is due Oct 27th. He has finished it and given it to 2 teachers to review and give feedback on. I am proud of his hard work. He was also nominated to be part of a Technical Honor Society- it is for his Architectural Design Class. He submitted those forms to teachers and his counselor to fill out regarding his character. What an accomplishment. I did mention to him this week that he needs to work on his writing in Spanish because his grade is currently a 90. I felt a little silly at first but realized that every point he has helps him remain #1 in his class. 

 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 
James 1:17

The younger two worked on their ideas for the Talent show at school, they picked their songs, partners etc and have competed yesterday and then will do so again today to see if they will be selected to perform. They also ran a cross country meet Friday evening. I was so thankful our daughter was finally able to compete in one. Her foot did hurt a great deal afterwards so it is probably good that the season wraps up this week on Friday. They both placed 22nd in their division of the meet. Pretty awesome to be equal.

 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 
Romans 8:28

Saturday I thought we would have a date night it turned into a night to fix the truck. I think this remains the area where we give the highest thanksgiving. Paul was at home instead of with me so he was able to be the hero and come rescue my daughter and I who were stranded. He also missed a vehicle pulling out of a subdivision on his way. He was going 55 miles an hour and she pulled right out in front of him. He had to swerve around her then into a ditch to miss her. he would have killed them for sure, and possibly have injured our oldest son. I am so thankful for the Lords Grace in the whole ordeal Also thankful we had just gotten paid the day before so money was in our account to cover the costs of the parts the truck needed. I am trusting the money that was intended for our house note will appear before the month is over through Quilt orders or side jobs.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! Let Israel say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let the house of Aaron say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let those who fear the Lord say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. ... 
Psalms 118: 1-18

I am thankful for the many new followers on my Blog this week. I am thankful to those that have helped me by hosting giveaways for me, by sharing my page and for entering my contests. I am thankful to finally have enough followers to have the Pinwheel Quilt giveaway in honor of my mother. With my birthday approaching next week I just really miss her, so it was wonderful timing. 

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. 
Colossians 2:6-7
I am thankful for all the shirts that are saved for me from the clothing donation center that would otherwise be donated as rags because those coming to the center to not purchase themed type shirts. I have been able to make one quilt out of it so far and am in the process of making another. I see an opportunity to make some wonderful samplers that later people might be willing to purchase. This is a great provision in helping my business grow.I am looking forward to the Christmas season and pray that I see an increase in business.

You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! 
Psalms 118:28-29


They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:23 

Thankful Thursday is hosted at Spiritually Unequal Marriage for the month of October.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24