Saturday, January 2, 2016

Tackling the House and a Quilt

This morning my bible study focused on Simplicity. Sometimes its hard to keep things simple. I assigned some chores to each child and had them pitch in because I had bills to pay, a to do list to write up for the weekend and a quilt to work on. I know they weren't terribly thrilled but we got a lot done.
I will get a better picture later but here is the progress on the quilt. It still needs some little pieces and such. I had to run to Joann's to get flannel for the back. What I ordered was not flannel after all and its really what is perfect for a baby quilt. It will be a pieced backing like one other I finished up recently. I couldn't' find enough of just one. I think it will fit just fine though. While we were out I picked up a much needed shower liner, some office supplies and a new shirt.


We made laundry soap. I taught Jakob how to do it. It is one way I will be trying to cut down on some bills. We go through lots of laundry soap.

Mekenzei worked at cleaning out the video/catch all cabinet in the front room. She organized all the drawers and cleaned the top off.

Izzy worked in the yard leveling out some soil area where we used to have a garden

Zekaryah worked out side a while then decided to get on the horse. I caught him playing not working.
Photobucket
google.com/+JennWellsandSunshineOfAutumnQuilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24