Monday, April 16, 2012

Thinking of my Parents today

Today is my parent's wedding anniversary. It is a day like today when I really wished I did not live hundreds of miles from my dad. I wish I could take him to lunch and make him smile since I know his heart has to hurt a little as does mine. My mom has been gone almost two years now, some days are still not very easy.

My mom loved my dad like no other. They sure had so many obstacles in their marriage. I am so thankful to have had such a wonderful example of how to FIGHT for your marriage and how much work it is. Its the little things like my dad kissing my mom every morning before he left for work and every evening when he got home that I will always remember and hold onto.

I wish I had a better picture of this moment. It was the last time we spent time with my parents as a family, the kids would see them one more time for Christmas a couple years later..

This is our last full family photo...look at these very little kids, who are now nearly all in their teens. Amazing how quickly time goes by.

I am so thankful for all three trips they made to Texas, at the birth of each one of my children.

I am thankful for this trip that I took with them as an adult, while I lived with them for six months in 2006.

I am thankful for the gatherings in their home, even if I was miles away, that brought my mom such joy.

This is the middle of the quilt that I buried with my mom. One of her favorite verses. While we remember her today, and celebrate the love that her and my dad had/have for one another, we have a little sadness but we will always rejoice for she is in heaven with our Lord and family that has left before us.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24