Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Walking, Running and Getting Fit

Who ever would have thought exercise, loosing weight and toning up would be so difficult? Not me..
I would say I was pretty active pre-kids, early childhood to early twenties. My thirties approached and I realized more and more how out of shape I am. I would not say I am massively overweight but I am having issues with 10-15 lbs for sure. Considering how my mother's 40s and very early 50's went, her health, her mental stability etc., I went into 2012 knowing that I HAD to do something about my non physical lifestyle. I had tried a month ago. I will be honest I made it two days on the treadmill, that was it. I bought a couple workout dvds, in honesty I have looked at them but they still sit with the plastic on them.
Zekaryah has to work out for track during spring break. There is a series of routines he must do every day. Monday we went to the track, I did not have any shorts that fit and I do not own sweat pants, so since I just had my jeans I stayed in the truck to read. Yesterday, Tuesday, my husband stopped on his way home from work and bought himself a pair of work out shorts and bought me a pair of cotton pants that go to my knees and said we were working out. 
Tuesday was challenging. We walked for an hour and 15 minutes, the time it takes Zekaryah to do all his various workouts, one lap of that around the track- 400 meters, he challenged us to all run. I can tell you I fought to not run. I had every excuse in the book- I ran in the end though. I am so thankful for my husband. I got half way through and was ready to walk. He kept yelling for me to push harder, not to give up, that I was almost there. When I crossed that finish line it was pretty exciting. It was hard to believe I made it. It may seem super easy to run 400 meters, 1 lap of the track but for me it was extremely difficult. I had to walk one lap after just to recover and I was breathing harder than I ever have. 
I am thankful that my children are so active and they are taking the time to help me correct my lifestyle. I am thankful that even though I am only battling 10-15 lbs that we are doing something about it now. I pray that with the time change and the longer nights we will find a way to continue to work out as a family. What a great way to spend time together.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24