Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WordFilled Wednesday

Whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. Proverbs 13:11  

I have been praying a lot since Saturday. What I mean that is praying even more than I normally do. We have really struggled more than ever financially this month. I am used to selling a quilt here and there, my husband getting side jobs here and there and pretty much that has not been the case for January 2012. It has really put us in a bind. I subbed all of one day this month. I was looking to the Lord for answers and I noticed this verse.

Whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. Proverbs 13:11

How true is that right? I mean when you are scraping pennies to make ends meet you sure do find a way to get things done little by little. We started going through our home, thinking about things we don't use very often or things that we could reasonably part ways with. I listed a couple on craigslist. I wasn't greedy. I kept the price low enough that someone else could afford to buy it but also where it would help us out little by little for each selling item. 

I have really worked so much harder this month at our menu items. I try very hard to stick to what I have planned each week and only go to the store the extra time if we really need something like milk or bread. I also continue to work on a plan to pay down our debt. I am encouraged by some books I have been reading that are fictional that talk about how they would have a family tradition of going to the people they owed money to on the last day of the year and settling those debts so that they would start the new year with blessing and honor. I love the sound of that. I think just not going into every year with debt makes you feel a lot less stressed. The bible is very clear on debt.

 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love on another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 
Romans 13:8

I think it is beyond fitting that today as I ponder this verse about collecting little by little we meet with the bank to see about refinancing our home. We checked into this concept a year ago and it was not enough of a difference to make it worthwhile. I am praying that since we have paid our home down a little more and that interest rates are just around 4% that someone will work for us and help us out. I also pray that they will help with the recent Itunes situation that really made us realize that there are companies out there that do not care about the customer just about the profit they make, even if it is made illegally. 

So I make a continued commitment as we move into February 2012 to the Lord we will continue to collect money little by little so that he can pour out blessings so that we may do His Will and live Debt Free. I will have faith that He will continue to provide and I will trust that we will not ever do without what we truly need.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. 
Proverbs 16:3

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    This is the first month in over two years that we were able to pay every one on our list to pay something. God has really impressed upon us that this little by little is His way. We are seeing the rewards of that.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24