Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

We have been through such an emotional week. I am so thankful for the power of prayer. I am thankful for the ability to live in a country where I can do so freely. I am thankful that I can also ask for prayer publicly, whether that be by phone, email or even facebook and my blog. I am thankful that while I may not get much encouragement from friends that are close to me in our area, mainly because I don't have many friends that live near us, I do get that encouragement from those that follow my blog and pages. I cannot tell you how much online friendships truly mean to me. How people that I have never met in person reach out and pray for us, or even share their prayer requests with us. It is amazing to see how the world has transformed in such a short time.
I am thankful that this week we took a look at refinancing, while after much prayer, we decided to not go forward with it, I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to think of our son's friends mom. We now have some help with a property tax issue and our focus has been realigned. I pray that the county will hear our petition and make the necessary adjustments so that we can live a little easier. I know the Lord already has a hand in this situation.
I am very grateful to a friend this week, who last night, decided to buy my short arm quilting machine. I am so excited that while I have to part ways with it, I know it is going to a wonderful home. I am so thankful that the Lord helped ease my heart about parting with this machine. I know he has a greater plan and for that I wanted to listen. It really has helped me feel less anxiety to know that the money gained from the sell will help us have grocery money for 5 months. I am now praying for great sales and coupons to help that money stretch.
I am thankful for our wonderful children this week. They have been so great about trying to pitch in as they could just to make life a little easier. Our middle son actually cooked dinner one night this week. I am thankful for the extra side jobs that my husband was able to work and that we have had two additional inquiries on the piano we have listed for sale.
I close with a prayer for a dear family in our community who lost their son. The viewing is this Friday and the funeral Saturday. I pray for them as they say goodbye to their loved one. I cannot even imagine the emotion they are feeling. I pray that the Lord will provide them with comfort and strength. I pray that the lives he was able to touch will continue to spread by them paying it forward. I pray for the community to heal from this loss, for all the young children, teachers, adults and friends also attending services this weekend. That they remember it is not goodbye but we will see you later. I am so grateful that we know with certainty that heaven is real and that when we loose our loved ones early we know they are with the Lord and no longer in pain, sorrow etc. Please remember this family this weekend in your prayers.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24