Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ABC Quilt Block Sampler Project

Autumn Tints

This is my first block for my ABC Quilt Sampler using names of blocks alphabetically as my inspiration for the quilt. My friend Diana had this idea and I decided to participate and do one of my own. I did pick my own blocks
The block measures 14 inches. It was interesting trying to decide what to sew together and when. It was pretty challenging. I learned it was very necessary to Iron as I created the block,and to trim a little. I am excited that I have the first one done. I will probably do one more this week since I missed one last week. I love the colors. I guess it does not contrast as well as someone elses block that they might create but I wanted a subtle looking quilt when it is finished.
So what do you think?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24