Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankfulness Season Day Four


When I woke up on Saturday it was early and I was very tired. I had not slept well the night before. I told my husband, tomorrow morning (Sunday) I want to sleep in so that I feel better. Well I looked at my phone when I woke up it was 7:30. I didn't really feel tired and thought well I need to get out of bed, get ahead for the week and get to that queen size quilt order- since I have three of them now.
I cleaned the bathroom, got some wash started, got the dishwasher unloaded. My husband got a chicken in the crockpot for me and washed dishes by hand, reloaded the dishwasher. We looked at the clock and it was nearly 9. I thought gosh I know I didn't work long- then guess what? I realized I had not set the clock back. WOW was I ever so grateful for the time change.
Today I am thankful for that quilt sale yesterday- I can now go buy a pair of slacks and a long sleeve shirt so that I have another outfit to wear. It is very hard subbing so late in the year because I only have one pair of slacks. If I work a school back to back then its a little awkward to have to wear the same pants. So we are going to go solve that today.
I am thankful that this morning my husband and I can connect and spend some time together during our running around. I am thankful I have a menu plan and we did our grocery shopping on Friday night so that we already are ahead in our cooking for the week.
I am thankful I am also ahead with my quilt orders. I cut all the shirts for two of the three queen orders last night. I felt if that part was done it would help me be a little more efficient with my time, if I can sub and quilt this coming week.
I am really learning the value of every minute lately. What I choose to do with my time really matters.
Hope you have a great Sunday.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am really loving reading about how God is providing for you. I can not beleive no one bought the Tinkerbell quilt! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24