Saturday, April 2, 2011

Posting Early- Menu Monday

I admit I am getting depressed. The mania has passed and the lows are hitting, so I am being proactive and got a menu and shopping done to try and help at least with the cooking portion of this coming week.
This week we are making use of Fajita Meat cooked Saturday Night, making several meals from it to cut down on the budget. I was able to do this weeks groceries for $40.  That included my nine boxes of cereal at 1.28 a box. :-)
Sunday
Chicken Taco Salads
Monday (I have a meeting night)
Enchiladas-with leftover Fajita meat
Bean Burrito for Jakob
Tuesday- (kids have choir performance tonight)
Tostadas
Wednesday
Pancakes
Thursday- Paul works late
Boys Tuna Helper
Mek and I- mac n cheese
Friday
Grilled Fish 
Dirty Rice (white rice kiddos)
Saturday 
MEF DAY= Softball Game/Booth- Paul BBQ
Sunday 
BBQ Chicken and Veggies


2 comments:

  1. Your menu always sounds so yummy. I will be praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn.. I know how tough it is to try to be frugal and yet feed the family healthily! I know it can get depressing... I actually sat down and cried last month when I worked my budget because there didn't appear to be money for groceries! But our God is an awesome God and He works miracles all the time for us. My husband actually got some back commission, which he had called to tell me about and found me crying.. see how our God is awesome!!

    I continue to pray for you my friend.. keep the faith. God will provide.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24