Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow what a week. I am so thankful the weekend is almost here. We have had one busy afternoon after another. I have much to be thankful for.
1. I am thankful that I have had all these appointments and waiting time picking kids up etc, it has allowed me to work on my reading of an incredible book called Sun Stand Still. I am nearly done with it and I just have such a better outlook. I feel great. It is reminding me of some important biblical principles and helping to inspire me in life.
2. I am thankful for the 2 desk like chairs Paul brought home from work, they were clearing out an office so now Jakob and I both have these nice office like chairs- free of cost.
3. I am thankful that we have had a slow homework week, it has helped Paul and I get several nights of quiet time this week. With the end of the school year within 30 days now, I am thankful we were able to recharge.
4. I am thankful for the Deposit Paul made into my Love Bank last night, with two bags of Reisen Chocolate candies and some peppermint patties- I do still pray for Resses Peanut Butter cups for Mother's Day, I keep hinting.
5. I am thankful for the extra money Paul could make last night and will make again on Saturday, with all the dr appointments and Jakob's prescriptions we have spent an extra $100 I did not have planned. It is nice that the Lord met our needs.
6. I am thankful that today I finished the Tshirt Quilt top and I can work tonight on getting the backing made and the quilt finished so that I can hopefully deliver it sometimes between tomorrow and Monday. I pray that it will be a quilt that will give me some local business, since it is a woman in our school district that actually found me online through my ETSY page.
7. I am thankful that we pick up our pool tomorrow and get to do the delayed Easter Egg Hunt. I am looking forward to another weekend of family time.
Lastly, I am thankful that the Lord continues to speak to me. I am thankful that He continues to lift me up and nurture me. I am thankful for his warm embrace and the beautiful sunshine every day. I am thankful for the couple of friends that read my Blog occasionally and the communication gained from that. I pray for continued blessings and uplifting as a tough week approaches. I also pray for all the families and areas this week affected by the many storms. May their needs be met, may their hearts be filled with peace, may the Lord comfort them through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24