Thursday, March 17, 2011

Provision and Prayer

"If you abide in Me and My words abide in you,  
you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you" 
John 15:7 

We have lived in our home almost four years now, it will be four years this summer. During that time we have used our bedroom as the "Entertainment Center". There are some occassions that we used the den- where we have a small loveseat but for the most part it seems like the family flocks to our bed to watch tv, play games etc. My goal for 2011 was to change that. To reclaim our bedroom so that I have my own small space, also I really wanted a "Family Area" to be created in our home.
Now that the living room is nearly done, and the den is being trandformed into a workout area, I find that we are in deep need of an actual couch. Zekaryah had a friend over this week and all three of my children and his friend tried to share the loveseat to watch a movie, it didn't work all that well We have had the same issue in the past but it is getting to be a bigger issue. 
The Lord says to ask, and you shall receive, he says he will grant the desires of your heart. So my prayer is that a new couch will find a way into our home, whether that be via donation, like many items we have, or by us earning enough of our own money to save for a new one. My hope is that as we close 2011 this will become a reality.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn

    Its amazing but this is the third time in a day that I have had someone quote this piece of scripture to me (Matt 7:7). As my family is indeed asking for things ourselves, this seems to be a confirmation that we should continue to ask. (I always have a little problem asking for things when I feel I must submit to His will)

    Thank you for this little piece of encouragement.

    I pray that God grants your request!

    Love & Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24