Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3
 
This week I am very thankful for Spring Break. The weather has been pretty good, the sun has peaked out a few times and we got some much needed rain. I am thankful that the kids have had the whole week off. Jakob has gotten three projects done for his geography class, he is currently working on the last three chapters of a book that requires papers to be written per chapter. I am thankful I took time to see a movie with the boys yesterday. I really wanted to work all day on a quilt order but I knew they really wanted to go see the movie-what's funny is I came home and worked on the order and the entire quilt top is done. I just need to sew the backing and then quilt and bind it. I am thankful I listened and put my children first.
I am thankful for the time we had at the Rodeo Monday night, I had never been, it was a great deal of fun. I am thankful that my husband was off Tuesday, I enjoyed our day running around. I am thankful he is off on Friday and that we will get some work done this weekend. I am thankful that my sister finally got a job and that my dad was able to give her an old computer he had to help her out, so she can work from home. I am thanfkul that my friend Melissa got a job, she started on Monday- she had been unemployed for a very long time. 
With all the progress we are making on living more simply and without so many things and so much clutter I am thankful to see the kids adjusting and pitching in. I am thankful for the new challenge my friend Joy shared with me yesterday and I pray that it continues to motivate us to do with a lot less so that we may live so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24