Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Menu Idea Successes

Monday Nights Dinner. A White fish that is new to us called Pangasius (it is similar to catfish). Paul grilled it on the BBQ putting a little bit of Tony Chachere's on it. I put mine over their wonderful dirty rice which I added half a package of mushrooms to as well as a bellpepper. Then I put lemon juice all over the top. Paul ate his as Tacos- just the fish really because he is dieting. It was very very good.
Meal two from my Dirty Rice- I took three bellpeppers, cut the tops and the veins out, then filled with that rice mixture from last night- which by the way I make with Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage, I had rolled the bellpepper in a little olive oil, then I placed them in a bread pan and packed mushrooms around the outside. I added 2 tbsp water, covered with foil and cooked on 350 for about an hour. Boy was this Delicious! I am so glad I made three because I will have one for lunch tomorrow for sure. I know we will be eating this again- super cheap and easy to make.
Okay so with all the spice the last two days I really wanted something sweet. I know hubby will hate me but I just had to make a cake. Thankfully I made one he doesn't care much for- Butter Pecan. It is one of my favorites.
I was supposed to get a Tshirt Quilt done today but I had to take a Benadryl this morning and it wiped me out. Hopefully I can at least get the quilt top done after homework is over. So for my Tackle it Tuesday- so far not much but a delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24