Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Matthew 21:22
Yesterday I begun a new quilt order for 5 Quilts. I picked up the clothing and got some information on colors etc. I brought the clothes home, prayed about direction and then went through them for ideas. I decided to make  Tshirt Quilts for the two girls that will get part of this order. I then met Paul for lunch, talked about my ideas and went to Joanns for fabric. While there I found a great sale on Flannel so I was very excited. I sent a text of an example to the customer and found that was not quite what she had in mind. So I continued to look.
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:8
I got a call a few minutes later and she was nearby so she decided to just stop in and look for fabric with me. I am so thankful for that direction and the prayer. She picked three different fabrics she really wanted and the quilts will be wonderful. It is nice when  you get exactly what you want and I know she will. She had never seen a Tshirt Quilt before so it was a little hard to explain how the fabrics would work together. I left Joanns with a great deal on fabric and peace of mind that the quilts would be what she wanted for her two girls. We decided to do something similar with the other three orders when I am ready to start them. 
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.  
Psalm 34:4
 After Joanns I rushed home to help with homework since I had a meeting last night and she called to let me know she had a few other shirts she felt might work. It was perfect because I could meet her at a local school, pick up the shirts, give her back some clothes I didn't feel I could use for the quilts and also show her that Tshirt Quilt. She now also has peace of mind because she has seen and held a finished product. 
I love how the Lord works!
I do pray today for healing. Last night after my meeting I had one of the worst migraines I have had in a while. The kind that runs down my arm pain wise, and makes me so sick to my stomach. I actually went to bed at 9:30, that rarely happens. This morning I slept late because I was exhausted from the medicine last night, but I still have a pretty bad headache as well as upset stomach and tight chest. I really want to start on these quilts so we will see if I can manage to do that.
2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
3 John 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24