Friday, February 25, 2011

Life Lessons

Proverbs 22:6
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. (NIV)
This sure is a week of lessons for us. We have been working very hard on some basic skills, such as these.
1.       Watching what we speak and how we treat others.
2.       Doing what we are asked WHEN we are asked- the when is the key word there
3.       Not procrastinating- when we get an assignment do it then, don’t wait because it’s not due yet.
4.       Video games and computer time are not essential to living
5.       We must take a shower not just change out of the clothes we wore all day
6.       Going to bed early is very important, so we are not so tired in the morning
7.       We can always confide in our parents, no matter what it is
8.       Mom will get up and braid my hair each morning differently if I ask (this is a new one for us)
9.       Pitching in on the weekdays with chores helps us do fun things during the weekend
10.   Work hard the first time so you don’t have to work hard redoing it.

There are probably several others but I feel like I have been the bad guy a lot lately. Although when you look at this bible verse, I feel like I am more preparing them for the future and following the word of our heavenly father.
One of my children said to me, even though you are mean at times at least you care..hmm something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24