Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Recipes Chicken Soup


Chicken Soup in a Crockpot


Put a chicken fryer in a large Crock pot and fill ¾ of the way with water. Cook nearly all day.
Later that evening- pull chicken out, debone and strain broth. Put broth back in Crock pot. Shred ½ of the chicken (cut along the grain of the chicken) and place in Crock pot. Place rest in a bag and use for another meal.
Add 1 bag of small baby carrots- chopped/sliced, 1 stalk of celery and one bag of frozen corn or a can of corn. I also add 1 tbsp salt, and 1 tsp of celery seed. Cook 1 ½ hours. Stir Occasionally.
Last 30 min of cooking add half of a bag of No Yolk Noodles, whichever variety you like, we prefer the skinny ones.
I pre-measured the soup into containers for lunches. My daughter will take this to school if I heat that morning and pour into a thermos like container. You can add onion, tomato, okra, green beans. This time I made it simple so my daughter will eat it.

1 comment:

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24