Sunday, January 2, 2011

Recipe Sunday Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie

I make my pot pie a little different then most.
I place a package of Chicken Breast in a crockpot (it is normally about 4-5 breasts)
Then i add 2 cans of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup  and one can of Cream of Chicken and Herbs Soup along with 3 cans of water. I then cook this all day.
Later that evening I take a third of an onion and saute it in a pan with 1/3 cup of butter (real butter)
I then add 1/3 c flour to it, along with 1/2 tsp celery seed, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
I scrape this into my crockpot and add a bag of frozen mixed veggies- mix well and break the chicken up- it becomes stringy like if you cooked it all day and looks kind of like noodles.
I take a Pillsubury pie crust line my round baking dish with it, pressing the edges to the side of hte container as I move the bowl in a circle and press the bottom of the crust to the container.
I then fill the container with the mix, I usually have some left over which I just add to a container and bake with some biscuits on top- this my husband takes to work the next day.
You then add the top crust, push along the sides- and trim the excess. 
Bake at 425 degrees for 35 min or so. If you like a lighter crust you can cover the edges for 10-15 min when you first start baking with foil.

Here is a link to another version that we have tried. Chicken Pot Pie
I will post my own picture next time I make it, I forgot last night.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24