Saturday, January 23, 2010

Walmart Shopping Trip


This trip I made because I had some bagel coupons for $1 off the purchase of 2. They cost $1.37 normally. I also had a coupon for Kraft Cheese, always a wonderful find. Walmart has the cheapest price right now on that too. My friend Pam had given me a fish stick coupon, which is great because that is a meal Zekaryah wanted for his birthday week. Classico was also cheaper at Walmart, even cheaper this week then what I normally buy and I had one of those buy $2 get so much off on that as well. I was so excited to use so many printed coupons at Walmart. Usually I don't have much for there because the sale at Kroger's will cover the items I need. This week that was not the case. I even was able to get some dishwasher soap- which I will stretch out with the Borax and Washing Soda.
I did ask them to price match on the Progresso soups- Randall's had them for $1.11 - Walmart's price was $1.50 and I had coupons that varied for all the cans I purchased. She did that without hesitation. Then Paul needed green tomatoes so I asked her to match the price in produce. Again she was wonderful so we got the tomatoes, onion and jalapenos for 59 cents a lb instead of Walmarts price which was at least 30 cents more a lb.
So full price items on this trip were the chips, face scrub, milk, manicure set, green onions, cream cheese, limes, garlic, then two detergents, otherwise I used coupons.
My savings outside of price matching was $9.60 cents. Not great but not bad...money saved is money saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24