Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Is it really Thursday already? I am very much looking forward to the weekend though. I am so Thankful this week, not that I am not normally, but just even more so today. Kind of odd though as I am very depressed today too.
I have been really focusing on how to be a better Proverbs 31 Wife and Mother...it is very difficult. Especially this section this week.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

I have had to really dish out some discipline this week, stay on top and follow through. I have also been working hard to get the house situated and really clean. Very important to me as my dad in Utah might be in the area at the end of February plus I think it would help my depression overall to have a clean functioning home.

I have been doing better with Menus and meal planning. January which is almost over went pretty well. Overall the kids ate every night and didn't complain too much. I have focused on finding ways to cut back food wise. That means joining a ton of manufacturer's websites online, reading blogs, doing research. Most importantly coming up with a strategy that works for me.

Saying all that I am so thankful to my family this week who has supported my new venture and dealt with the ups and downs of that. My biggest fan right now is my husband. I have all the wash just about caught up, the kitchen is nearly clean - correctly cleaned etc.. I truly felt the Proverbs 31 wife this week.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

I am excited for tonight- a Thursday when I can attend a couponing class. I feel this is so important this year as our finances take a even bigger dive. We realized the reason we struggled so much this year is we lost nearly $20,000 in income. HUGE difference. I am so blessed though because since I know that our Heavenly Father as my Personal Savior, I am grounded in the promise that HE WILL PROVIDE for us. I believe that if I continue to work hard he will continue to find new ways for us to save and stretch our buck so to say.

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

We continue to have problems financially- unexpected things that knock the wind out of us. Like Property taxes doubling, the O2 sensor going out in the truck, which once fixed the brake lights went on. In a way I almost laugh. Isn't that really how life is.
We come out of one struggle, praising the Lord for his continued help and blessings, then go right into another. I feel that I could let it all blow me over at times. Then I sit back and look at what we have already made it through and have faith that once again it will be the same.
I am thankful for these sandpaper situations that continue to mold and make me into that child that he wants me to be.
Isaiah 64:8
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And we are all the work of Your hand.
For more posts about Thankful Thursday, please see Grace Alone

1 comment:

  1. $20,000 is a HUGE amount to lose! Great to see your witness and testimony through the trials.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24