Monday, October 26, 2009

My 35th Birthday

First off this is my Yummy Birthday dinner. I admit I cooked the chili myself- I love chili. Wish I had some meat for it but it has homemade salsa from our garden this year, then stewed tomatoes we put up from our garden. Peppers- red, yellow and green from our garden, onion, cilantro, garlic and spices. Then we always put fresh tomato, onion and cilantro right on top. Oh and I made these place mats for our table. I didn't have enough material to make 6 but have the five we needed. I hope to buy some more from Walmart to make some potholders and one more place mat, but will have to wait a little while for that.

You know my husband did really well for my birthday this year. Since I lost my job we agreed that we would not do gifts, since we need the money for food and gas. I was very happy that he stuck to that. He did however get me a little something that meant more than any gift he could have bought. A Card. When we were dating he wrote me letters often, even though we lived on campus together and spent a ton of time together. He used to get me cards pretty often in the first five years or so, then every once in a blue moon since then. This card was very sweet and really touched my heart as we seem to fight a little more lately which is very frustrating. See I am the one that is very practical, tries to plan ahead, does not assume I will get a job etc. While he more says he trusts that God will provide enough that he doesn't seem to be so concerned with the real dollar amount. Difference between men and women I am sure..more than faith.


The card read
Having you to love is reason enough to celebrate but now that its your birthday there's all the more reason.
I could wish all kind of happy things and you'd deserve them all.. but since you're so special.
I want to wish you all the happiness you've given me.
You're a very warm and caring person, and you've made such a difference in my life.
No matter where we go or what we do, you're the one who makes those times wonderful.
That's why I hope your birthday celebration is especially wonderful for you...
After all, your birthday only happens once a year.. and someone like you only happens once in a lifetime.

He then just simply wrote Happy Birthday, I know things with money stink right now but all will get better.
I love you...

Simply put by a man..

The kids did awesome. Mekenzei helped make a pumpkin pie last night- 2 of them. And Zekaryah made meatloaf for me, well added the ingredients, mushed it and then put it in the pan. I ate the pie and meatloaf last night, then had pie this morning for breakfast and meatloaf for lunch. All very very yummy.
Tonight the kids ate nuggets and fries. They are not fans of chili or cornbread- their loss not mine. While they were eating they had come up with the idea for Zekaryah to give me $20 cash so I could go purchase a Old Navy sweatshirt. It really brought tears to my eyes. However, I returned the cash as I know it will be a while before they can earn allowance and he may need his money for something. Mekenzei wrote up a card and then sang it to the sound of Alvin and the Chimpmunks it said
Happy Birthday to You
Your not a 100 and two
Happy Birthday Mommy
Happy Birthday to you.
Very cute..

I had many friends and family email, post to Facebook, phone etc to wish me a happy birthday. That was wonderful too. It rained all day so my scheduled lunch with my friend Melissa fell through because she has a baby boy and its not good to take them out when its all rainy like this. I do remember those days. So we will reschedule.

This has been a very great start to Year 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24