Friday, April 3, 2009

What I am Learning Friday


I am learning that I honestly can't do it all this week. I have a list a mile long for quilts that need to be made by May 2nd, for whatever reason. I am learning that I have to say "NO" at some point, because otherwise life is way to complicated. I am learning that my kids feel a little neglected, as does my house. My house shows it to everyone, my kids showed me this morning and late last night before bed.
My house is a wreck. We have so many things going on right now. Between me quilting for donations and otherwise, between my husband and I putting a fence up and trying to help with homework and chores around the house, then just all the regular stuff we do. My daughter and middle son both have come up to me last night and then this morning before school and gave me genuine huge hugs. The kind that you just feel all warm inside from. Yet I felt guilty. I know that I have not watched a movie with them in a couple weeks. That is generally an every week occurrence. I have not made a "Feast" in nearly three weeks- which they love to have.
In fact the house is so out of control that there were dishes still in the sink, on the counters and the stove when I left for work, there is a pile of 6 loads of clean clothes on my daughters bed that need attention. She slept on the couch the last two nights because her bed is otherwise occupied.
I don't know how life got so out of control. I am learning that I need to go back to a list and a calendar.
I get so busy that I forget what the day is! I almost forgot about a church event for my oldest that is tonight. I had gone to my Spam folder and saw a church reminder that they send out. Thank you for REMINDERS! So the word No needs to be voiced more often. I only get a short while with these kids and then they are grown and on their own. I have a lifetime to donate quilts for good causes, but only a short while to make sure they are nurtured better.
That they truly feel loved by my actions.
Can you imagine if God got to busy too put his arms around us or keep things in our life from really spinning out of control. I know He blocks so much from entering our path so that we are not Given More than we can Handle.
So this weekend we have a list that is a mile long but tonight we will pick a couple of things that have to be done- then I will make sure that I spend some time with the kids. Play a game or something. Next week I will remember to say No to the extras so I make better use of my time. :-)

Today I think of a song that I love- we all have heard it. It is based on Psalm 136-which states.
1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.

2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.

3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.

4 to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.

5 who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.

6 who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.

7 who made the great lights—
His love endures forever.

8 the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.

9 the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.

10 to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt
His love endures forever.

11 and brought Israel out from among them
His love endures forever.

12 with a mighty hand and outstretched arm;
His love endures forever.

13 to him who divided the Red Sea [a] asunder
His love endures forever.

14 and brought Israel through the midst of it,
His love endures forever.

15 but swept Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea;
His love endures forever.

16 to him who led his people through the desert,
His love endures forever.

17 who struck down great kings,
His love endures forever.

18 and killed mighty kings—
His love endures forever.

19 Sihon king of the Amorites
His love endures forever.

20 and Og king of Bashan—
His love endures forever.

21 and gave their land as an inheritance,
His love endures forever.

22 an inheritance to his servant Israel;
His love endures forever.

23 to the One who remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.

24 and freed us from our enemies,
His love endures forever.

25 and who gives food to every creature.
His love endures forever.

26 Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that His love endures forever. Take some time for yourself, okay? Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24