Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for family and friends. I put family as a priority today. I called my mom to see how she was doing. She has the mumps- so please pray for her. It is not normal for an adult to get them and they can get very very sick. Of course I wish she had gone to the doctor when she first thought something was wrong last week. Nevertheless she now has confirmation so hopefully all goes well and she will heal. I also called my grandmother- she goes in for a biopsy in May to check a cyst in her bladder. She has been dealing with bladder/kidney cancer for a few years now. It started in her kidneys, they did surgery and thought they got it all, they missed some that was in the tubing going to your bladder. Thus, she got bladder cancer. She is doing good though, so for that I am grateful.

I was able to meet up with my cousins wife Trisha this week so that was wonderful, even if it wasn't for very long. I got to see her beautiful children, who are growing quickly, like all kids do. I also got to give her a handmade gift since she signed up for a Pay it Forward thing I did on here a month ago. She was my only sign up- so nice and easy. It is even nicer that she loved what I made.

Then today I got up and went and had lunch with my husband at a little Fish place we like. We split a meal but it was great. It was nice to just spend some time out and chat. It was super windy too. I had gone in to print a coupon for Joanns- as i forgot to print it before I left the house. Walking back to our truck the wind nearly blew me away. It was such a huge gust that I lost my footing and had trouble opening the truck door to get inside. I know the man that was sitting in his truck had to just be laughing so hard. So whoever you are glad I could amuse you.

LOL
I went to Joanns and got some flannel and blue Batik material for Jakobs Tshirt quilt, that will be my company sampler quilt for orders for a while. It was so hard to choose something. I wanted something tie dyed but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I settled.

Tomorrow I hope to conclude my week by visiting with a friend that has a young baby. He is just over 2 months now I think. I have to work in the morning but hope to head out afterwards. I got to see them 2 weeks ago. I missed her little after baby shower they had this past weekend because I was finishing my Valor Quilt which had a deadline so, I hope to stop by tomorrow instead.

Friends and family are so important. It is great to stop and take time and be Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24