Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have not been able to Blog all week. I keep trying and it shuts me out. How frustrating. I decided to try again this morning as my head is all foggy, my eyes are full of gunk and my chest and throat are super sore and to be honest I just don't feel like climbing out of bed just yet and working on those two donation quilts that are hanging over my head.
I am so thankful this week. We were able to put new tires on the car and my husband took it right over last night to get it inspected- before the month was up. YEAH one less thing I have to do.
Our oldest got inducted to the National Junior Honor Society Monday night- that is a great honor and he should feel very proud for all the hard work he puts in, although he admitted he is slacking some in Algebra. He still has an A- he just knows he could put more effort in there.
I have gotten so much accomplished quilt wise- visit my other blog or my facebook page for pictures.
I tagged along Monday to the Science Club the younger two go to after school. It was fun, we got to walk from their school to the 6th grade campus and listen to the science teacher there give a tour of the campus and a Squid presentation. He reminds me of a Nutty Professor as he is a little crazy, but fun. I think he enjoys life.
The greatest accomplishment this week was getting the Royal Purple Faith Quilt done. It turned out so nice. I also did wash- every last bit, although I must admit it sits on Mekenzei's bed and needs to be folded- oh if I only had the energy.
Today I am praying for God's strength and healing. The Carnival is May 2nd and I have two quilts to finish a University of Texas and an A&M University Quilt. I have most of the fabric cut at this point but I need to finish cutting the rest today, then hopefully sew at least one of the quilt tops together, if not both.
I am so thankful for the weather, I know we needed the rain but the nice sunshine is something the garden needed for sure. We were simply soaked.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24