Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God Sees Everything


Todays verse that I am sharing is from Luke 12:6-7

"Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God. Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

Isn't it an amazing thought that God Notices EVERYTHING. He notices our wants, needs, desires, health, happiness, sadness- all of it. I think that sometimes we could do a better job noticing things in peoples lives around us.

I know just in my family there are times that I could do better. An example comes from last night. Jakob my oldest had gone running errands with me. We then went and picked up the younger two from Choir, which is an after school thing. Then we got back to the house- they all grab a snack- Jakob trades out the wash for me and then requests to play his new Wii game he just got for his birthday. I figure why not- he was a trooper- his homework is done, chores are done...

My son Zekaryah had a different feeling. He was so distraught. I told Jakob just to turn the sound off and he could keep playing while I helped with homework. I didn't even notice Zekaryah's demeanor- which continued to get worse- because he literally gave himself a headache for being so upset inside.

He was very jealous that Jakob got to play the game while they did their homework. It is a hard call to be honest- part of me feels that Jakob got his things done so why not. Part of me feels that maybe no games/tv until everyone is done. SO needless to say I helped induce a very bad situation last night. I should have taken more notice of the whole picture.

However, I really would like Zekaryah to learn that things don't always come out equal either, and how to better react to situations we do not like. My husband and I talked about this last night and we honestly just are unsure as to what the perfect solution is. We will continue to pray to decide what to do- it feels like a no win situation to be honest.

Onto my picture above - I just love this photo. We started planting strawberries in our garden this weekend. The younger two were helping out and Shiner, our pup was exhausted from all the walking back and forth. A little ways away from where the garden is located he decided to curl up and take a nap in the tall grass. Sometimes I would love to have that same advantage- of course I would prefer a blanket I am sure..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24