Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be THANKFUL this week. First I want to share a verse it is from
Colossians 3:14-16 (New International Version)
"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."
I am sharing this verse today as one of my most thankful for moments this week is my Daughters Baptism on Valentines Day. She is my youngest-all three have now been baptized and it just feels my heart with gratitude and awe that they have made their own decision to follow Christ's Ways. Such an exciting event.
I am also grateful/thankful that I finished a quilt order this week. It had been weighing on me and it was wonderful to just get in there Tue of this week, tackle it and get it sent on its merry way to its new owner.
I am thankful that my son and I got to spend a couple of hours together on Tue afternoon, I treated him to an after school snack at Sonic. That was a lot of fun.
I am thankful for my husband this week. He helped me with the quilting of the Love to Teach Quilt I finished on Sunday, he has made me hot tea with honey and some wheat toast with peanut butter on it all week as I leave for work - I was able to take it with me. Just so sweet and thoughtful. In fact it started with my Valentines Day gift because he knew I had been fighting a throat and chest cold and he purchased me a very nice stainless steel cup so that I could take hot tea with me to go every morning. Tuesday I awoke to the stove top completely clean, the kids had been taken to school, dishwasher unloaded and his one call to me was to make sure I could completely focus on my quilt order. What an amazing SUPPORTER. Yesterday after work, though I was a little tired, I met him for lunch, it was very nice, and I even took my days wages and gave it to him to pay for the meal! I am thankful the kids are in school so we can have those rare moments!
This week I am so thankful we are a Godly family, trying our best to love one another and spend time together, pray together and most of all EAT together. I have made what my children call Feasts- all week long. I am sure last night was their favorite as we had Belgian Waffles, Sausage, Bacon and Fresh Heavy Whipped Cream with Fruit toppings of Cherries- Hot Cinnamon Apples and Fresh Strawberries for Dinner. It is so nice that even though money is rough with overtime being cut we have made the best of it and have had dinner the last few weeks together. I just love our meal times!
Oh and on a side note- I received some beautiful healing hearts from a quilting friend in the UK this week. It was in rememberance of my grandfather that has just passed away. What an amazing gift. I am so thankful to have her as a friend. Thank you Janice.
So What Are You Thankful for Today?
Please visit Grace Alone and join in Thankful Thursday or maybe just read other thankful lists.
You can also see some more at Rose Colored Glasses

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiring post.

    It's funny because I was supposed to leave today for out of town, but it rained and delayed me leaving. I couldn't load my car and didn't want to get going late. So I'm doing this before I have to do some other things. Maybe it was meant to be.

    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    xo,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of thanks! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I was here last Thursday and never did comment about your quilts but I will now,,LOL. I LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very lovely thankful post.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24