Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Praise and Thanksgiving

I typically see Thursdays as a day people post Thanksgiving blogs, however today I have one that just can't wait. I take care of a lady three mornings a week, her name is Anne. Yesterday was my day off and boy did I need it to sleep from my trip which left me overwhelmingly tired. When I got here to work this morning I Found out that my dear Anne had rolled off her hospital style bed. Her husband had turned her to change her as she is bedridden, and she just rolled off. I can't even imagine how he still feels. It was just one of those freak things. He has been caring for her like this for over a year now, so it is not that he doesn't know what he is doing, it just happened. It took him hours to try and get her back into the bed. He finally had to call the Sheriffs Department and seek help as all his ways of doing it himself were not working. He said he couldn't believe he didn't think to call me. I am only about 30 min away so compared to his three hour struggle that would have worked too.
I am just super thankful she is okay. A Home nurse came out and looked at her. She has a soft bruise on the base of her neck, a couple of bruises on her arm but for the most part she seems like her normal Happy Self. When I greeted her this morning, she was bubbly and just so happy to see me. God protected her for sure, and gave him peace to not freak out. I know just from bathing her and washing her hair, how hard it is to take on her weight. I can't imagine trying to take on her entire body weight by yourself. Nor the guilt that you could feel for the accident.
I will forgo washing her hair today, as it is a stressful time and I want to let her head sit a little bit, by Friday I think it will be better. I am praying for her as she is reacting to the Ensure now, she is throwing up and has had problems for a couple months with everything being to watery.
We all must go at some point. She is still so very happy and tries to talk when she can. Sometimes she amazes me at what she can still come up with sentence wise, esp when it is things like Thank you, that was great- her response to me bathing her Monday- I had not seen her in a week, she sure seemed extra cheerful to see me.
I think of the Lord when caring for her, being that vessel he can use to touch her while I am here, remind her He is there for her, that He loves her, that she is His Precious Daughter. See her husband does not believe in God so I think my being here grants her that Light and Comfort of God as it seems like Sunshine to her when i walk in the room. Her response to me is AMAZING. She has been such a faithful daughter to the Lord and it is wonderful to think that God chose me to be the one that will walk her through her ending days. What an honor, something so simple yet so important.
So I ask you today, is there anyone in your life that you can show a little Love to and be the clay for our Potters Hand? Sometimes I feel there are opportunities all around, it is just a matter of not being so busy so that we take notice. Like holding a door for someone, granting a smile to a stranger or just saying hello. We never know what someone else is facing in life, we could be that vessel the Lord wants to use for another one of his children.
The verses on my heart for today
Isaiah 64:8 Yet, O Lord, you are our Father, We are the Clay, You are the Potter, we are all the work of your Hand.
Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24