Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Quilt and a Memorial Quilt for a Fallen Officer

My son has a best friend in football. They had collected some shirts and I made this quilt up for Christmas
The fabric is truly unique, it reminds me of a volcano and lava
I love the combination of colors in all the shirts and the little logos too
He really loved the quilt
Every once in a while I get an order that really means something to someone. This one I decided to do as a donation quilt. It is for a daughter of a fallen officer, requested by her grandmother, his mother.
It was an unusual request and harder I learned to cut a uniform up. It just didn't quite feel right, knowing the honor that goes with the pants, shirts etc. 
I love the creativity of this quilt. I had never made one before.
We didnt have much so we added photographs to make it memorable
One of the shirts had his photograph. I combined the bottom of the shirt with the back of the uniform dress shirt to create a block
I know it is well loved
I pray that it provides comfort
I am so grateful for all those that serve our country, community and for all they do.
Photobucket
google.com/+JennWellsandSunshineOfAutumnQuilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24