Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hometown Christmas

I was so excited to run Hometown Christmas for Magnolia this year. It was a great deal of work taking on the event at the end of October but my family stepped up and some local friends and it was a great day in the community. We had 27 vendors come out, 2 of which served food along with our Chili Cook Off. One of our kid vendors had the cutest train that he brought out. The local choirs from our school district provided hours of entertainment and so many volunteers brought cookies for our Cookie Express, esp the National Charity League. We did something new this year by finding groups to decorate trees and they were amazing- two local high schools, a jr high and the national charity league took these on. I am grateful to one of our members for the cute carnival games he made with a Christmas theme. The only thing that would have made the better was some warmer weather or less wind, it made it hard for people to want to stay around and shop, but there was always lots of people there with the choirs constantly changing out. I am grateful to my personal friends who volunteered their time to help my family and I make this a successful event. I am also thankful I got to step away from running it long enough to see the kids in the parade.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24