Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Moments

Monday Moments
I am learning that my favorite part of the day is really the mornings. It is quiet in the house because the kids sleep late. It is cool temperature wise so its refreshing. I can hear the bird, crickets and other living things outside enjoying the day as the sun continues to climb in the sky. 
Mondays can prove very difficult though. Our weekends are usually packed full with things to do. I noticed this morning that since our dinner was late last night dishes did not get finished. There is laundry that needs to be put away, the floors need, the kitchen table needs cleared, the list goes on and on. 
I had made a decision to make sure I bring back my quiet time each morning. Make myself a cup of tea, sit with my devotion then plan my week. Plan our menu, my schedule and how to maintain the house and quilting. How to fit in driving time for Jakob, time to run for Zekaryah and Paul. Its a lot to manage. 
I am thankful for today's lesson as I begin working on a quilt today that is from a father's closet- he passed away in November and a daughter has sought  my services to provide a memory quilt. Having lost my own mother I understand the "need and desire" for this comfort. I can't even imagine loosing my dad yet. I just want to be able to spend so much time with him first. 

The verse today was from Revelation 21:4 It says,
"He will wipe every tear fromt heir eye, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain all these things will be gone forever."

To me I thought FOREVER FREEDOM

Freedom from the "bad in life". The sickness, the worry, the overwhelmed feeling us moms get as we try to do it all. Sometimes that can just really wear us down. For me this lesson today was perfect. I had been working in a devotional that is focused on a relationship with my husband. Some how yesterday I misplaced it. This forced me to seek out something different this morning and wouldn't you know it was on death, grieving, comfort. I need this lesson more today. I am thankful the Lord changed my path. 
I hope that you have a wonderful week. May the Lord bring you many blessings, comfort and peace. 
Oh and make sure you enter my three giveaways there is some great stuff this week.
 
 
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24