Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Amazing Mexican Rice

1 tsp oil, 1/2 diced white onion, 1 tsp garlic, 1 diced Serrano pepper. Brown 1 minute

Add one cup of rice, brown one minute. I love Jasmine Rice for this recipe, it just makes such a good dish.

Add 2 cups of Chicken Broth and 1 tbsp of tomato sauce simmer, covered with a lid, 20 min or so. I stir every five minutes because I use cast iron and have an electric stove.

About 3 minutes before its done you add a handful of chopped cilantro and let it sit. Very Yummy Mexican Rice, it will go well with Oriental Food or Mexican food or served alongside any meat dish. I often eat it for breakfast because I am prone to upset stomachs.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24