Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WordFilled Wednesday

     This week Word Filled Wednesday focuses on Sharing. The last couple weeks I seem to have been a "dumping ground" for lack of a better word of clothes, shoes and other items. At first I questioned why I have all this stuff that does not fit any of us. This week I came across some answers. The first items were intended for Mekenzei, right now she is in a size 12, these were all 14-18 for the most part. I had her look through them and I think she saved two pair of pants that she knows she would wear next year. Everything else she had me donate- this will be a huge blessing to some girls next week when they come to SOS to get school clothes. There were so many really nice items. I was thankful she did not want to hoard everything for herself and she realized that there might be someone right now that had a need more important then her possible need next year.

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.  Hebrews 13:16

     A friend of Paul's at work has a girlfriend who went through all her clothing that had been in storage. She thought of it might fit me. I was pretty excited to see box after box that Paul brought in. I admit that none of it fit. I had mentioned something to a friend about all the items that I had that I needed help dropping off on Saturday. I told her how I had so many 10,12 and 14 clothing items. She needed some 14's. Today I was able to sort through everything and save her all of them. She will be surprised at how many very nice items she will now have.
     Today's example made me think about a verse I had read once. I had to look it up, it says,
 
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38

     You know this friend I just gave a bunch of clothes to, asked me to fill out a form to get help for the kids a couple weeks back, she really wanted to help provide for them, she had needed a dresser a couple weeks ago and I had dropped one I had and was not using off at her house. I really had prayed about the form, I had even filled it out. I just felt bad about getting the help. Then I thought of this verse.

    This morning I met a lady who was working with me, she shared a little bit of her story, how she was living with her mom, how she had gained some weight and had enough money to buy a pair of shorts from where we were working on Saturday. I asked her what size she was in. To my surprise it was a 12. Imagine that- all those clothes that I had gotten and most of them were in 12's and 14's. I promised to bring them to her on Saturday since she did not have a vehicle and could not come get them or meet me somewhere. 

By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission flowing from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others.. 2 Corinthians 9:13


     I look at both of these situations, someone was trying to bless us in both cases. The Lord had a greater plan. I could have not had conversations with either of these women. I could have not shared with them my story of need, which led to their story of need, and me having an answer  for them through someone else. It all seems rather complicated but at the same time its tiny foot steps for God. He planted all those seeds, he just needed me to do the watering. I think the biggest blessing is I can show Christ's Love for others. I did have a lot of work to do in order to provide specifically for both of these women. Yet my blessing of feeling great at the end of the day for being able to bless others is far greater and more meaningful then all that work.

And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.” Luke 3:11

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago I was working closely with the ministry my mom is a part of taking in donations for trips to Ukraine. This particular year the were a great bit of medical donations aent in. We could not send over anything out of date or that would go out of date within 9 months because of the shipping delays. I was left with a stack of those thermacare heat patches that you can put on your shoulder. There were about 20 boxes of them. I eventually brought them home when it was time to close out the building and put them in my hall closet. Several months later I was reading the blog of a friend here. She has a terminally ill child and they were sleeping in the hospital for months at a time. She mentioned she needed prayer for her shoulder. It was injured in a car accident and she wasn't able to attend therapy with her child in the hospital. She said she had a heating pad, but during the day those patches were helpful but she couldn't afford to buy them. Can you imagine the dance I was doing? Here I sat with a closet full of them for months and she needed them! I knew God hadset those aside for her.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24