Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful for my study on time this week. I got a new devotional from Women of Faith- I love their little spiral notebooks. They are quick, precise and help me think/reflect. This one is called "Making the most of your resources: How Do I manage my time, energy and money?" I am just starting out but it really is going along with how I have felt this summer. I wanted to make some life changes and I think God is really helping me to do that. Outside of just trying to get my health in order I have never felt better emotionally or spiritually. There is much to be said about that and I am very grateful to the Lord for this refreshing provision.
This week we looked at Job 37:14-24
14 “Listen to this, Job;
   stop and consider God’s wonders.
15 Do you know how God controls the clouds
   and makes his lightning flash?
16 Do you know how the clouds hang poised,
   those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?
17 You who swelter in your clothes
   when the land lies hushed under the south wind,
18 can you join him in spreading out the skies,
   hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
 19 “Tell us what we should say to him;
   we cannot draw up our case because of our darkness.
20 Should he be told that I want to speak?
   Would anyone ask to be swallowed up?
21 Now no one can look at the sun,
   bright as it is in the skies
   after the wind has swept them clean.
22 Out of the north he comes in golden splendor;
   God comes in awesome majesty.
23 The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power;
   in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress.
24 Therefore, people revere him,
   for does he not have regard for all the wise in heart?[a]


This week I am thankful that I can reflect on the wonders of God- he is really showing me friendship this week. I am building friendships, renewing friendships and getting so much support from people who are giving us their old items so that my children will have what they need for school. I have gone through most of my adult life not seeking friendship. I am thankful he is opening my heart to have them, and showing me why we need them. Its been such a blessing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24