Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Scripture Speaks

This weeks Saturday Scripture Speaks is based on waiting. If you know my personality waiting is not something I typically do well. I am a go get em person. I like answers pretty quickly. I like to get things done in a timely manner too. The Lord is definitely teaching me how to wait. My mom would probably laugh because she would see my leg shaking back and forth and know I am trying very hard to be patient.
I think waiting and patience really go hand in hand. I think of a dr office, you wait in waiting room and sometimes that takes a great deal of patience- even if its just a general appointment. Lately I tend to know a lot about waiting at dr offices, for test results and for phone calls.
The Lord has some very important words to say about waiting, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:14 KJV)

Right now I feel a great need for courage. I know the Lord has a plan, I know he already knows the answers I seek, I know that many people have traveled this same path, with the same feelings of uncertainty. I also know that no matter the outcome I will be provided for. I take comfort in that.

I also look at how waiting takes strength. A great deal of strength. I lean on His Word for that. I lean on others sometimes for that too. I was able to talk to both of my dad's today on the phone. I forget sometimes how much I gain from them strength wise. I am thankful to have a Heavenly Father to lean on for that as well,
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.” (Psalms 46:1-3 KJV)

Lastly when I think of waiting and patience, strength and courage I can draw on memories of my mother. In this one moment in life I need her more than anything. I know she would understand my fears and concerns. I know that she would give me verses of strength. I know she would tell me this one verse more than any others,
“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:29-31 KJV)

I have much to be grateful for as I approach this coming week. As I take this next steps with doctors not quite knowing what is yet to come. Praying that its just all okay and we are just taking precautions, also knowing that the outcome could be very different. I am grateful that if the Lord's plan  is different then mine he has already provided me with a wonderful friend to walk this journey with. In all other times that we have seen hardship that has always been a missing situation. I am thankful that he has molded me to reach out no matter the outcome. There is much to be said for waiting and patience. I am glad I do not pray for either of those but that I pray for strength and courage.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24