Thursday, August 25, 2011

Proverbs 31 Wife and Mother

I really desire to be a Proverbs 31 wife and mother. I like being organized, on time and efficient. I try very hard to menu plan and stick to it. I try to keep a tidy house, often times falling short. I do well at helping with homework, keeping the kids on task and being involved in their daily lives. As we continue to get more active I desire a way to cut my time down on the maintaining portion of our daily lives.
I came across a book this summer and decided I would finally get around to starting it. 
It is called Having a Martha House the Mary Way by Sarah Mae. 
I do wish I had it downloaded so I could print it, right now it is just on the PC version of Kindle. 
This required me to have a notebook as I like to have things written down, make notes etc.
There is a lot to be said about a physical book too.
Regardless I am excited as I journey through Day One.

Today was interesting. You write specific reasons of why you want a clean home.
I just jotted words down like 
"warmth, comfort, inviting, fellowship, gathering, organized, simplified and togetherness."

Then you work on a mission statement.
I tried to decorate it, I wanted to put a sunflower picture behind it- that didn't go so well, so for now its just plain and simple and typed.
Here is what I came up with.

I strive to be a Proverbs 31 wife and mother
by having a home that is clean,
organized and simplified.
This will allow me to provide
my family and friends
with a dwelling that will
radiate warmth, love and comfort,
while we fellowship with one another.
It will also allow us to live simply
so that we lead less stressful
and complete lives.

I am very excited to finish day one. I guess I should have started it at the beginning of the month but I am not sure how well weekends will work with this idea anyway so having a few extra days will probably be to my benefit. I am excited to see what the house will look like in 31 Days. I did great on the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge. It is interesting to have written a mission statement about our home. I can't say I have ever done that before. Happy Cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts. It does seem like we have been thinking along the same lines. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24