Monday, August 29, 2011

Christmas Goodies for Seniors

I was at a meeting for the Society of Samaritans here in Magnolia tonight. 
They were mentioning an idea that they did last year which was giving goody bags to Seniors who are less fortunate. 
If you follow my Blog you know how important elderly women are to me, they are dear to my heart. I immediately felt led to help with this great idea!

I thought on the way home about items that would be neat to put in these bags/pillowcases. I thought of how the Lord continues to bless my Sunshine of Autumn Quilts company too, and how to bring the two together. I would like to have people help me with this process.

I could use fabric donations or monetary donations to make this possible.
I would like to make pillowcases to hold their items.
I would also like to make a set of potholders.
I know some of you make soap, knit/crochet, sew or do other crafty things.
I am open to suggestions things like crossword puzzle books, book marks, slippers etc can be items purchased for their gift bags.
If you are interested in helping us with this great way to serve others, please leave me a message.
Use your time, talents and treasures to be a moment of sunshine in someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24