Friday, May 20, 2011

Saturday Scripture Speaks

 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Matthew 24:36

Okay so let me just say I am not one to play into the hype of all this End of the World Bizarreness. When I read other work than the bible I ask myself what truth does it stand on? What does the Lord say about this? How can I apply this to my life? Blah, Blah, Blah... you get the picture.
This week all I hear about is this crazy idea that the world is ending May 21st. Now while I admit that I am not a bible scholar by any means. I have taken some religion classes in college, as I went to a Lutheran campus, I did also excel greatly in those courses however, I cannot quote you every aspect of the bible that supports my thought on this matter. I can most firmly state that I personally believe the World is not ending because a man on earth said it is going to. Let me just think about that, how is it that we would think that a human here on earth has the answers? Or better yet that some ancient civilization who was developing a calendar stopped at a certain point so that indicates that another date is the end of the world. 
The Lord is very clear that ONLY HE knows when the time will come that all will end. Not even Christ, his own son knows, not the angels in heaven, NO ONE but him.
This is also noted in Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 
I really don't understand why we concern ourselves with worries over such things. People fear the end of the world like it is something horrible, what greater promise to we have than eternal life with our Heavenly Father, at the end of this world that is what is to come.
I then lean to what is said in Acts 1:7
  He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

So as I ponder my children's concerns over the world that wonders what May 21st brings, or December 21, 2012, I rest assured that 
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11 
and
 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
John 3:16

For us we are going to have an End of the World False Prophecy Celebration- that means Family Time..Got to make something out of this absurdness.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with 100% on this issue. If Jesus Himself does not know the day nor the hour, why should any of us think we're so special that we're privy to it? The thing we should all do is be ready, because we truly don't know the day nor the hour. Hope your family has a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should put up a linky for Christian expository posts on Saturdays, shouldn't we? I'll try to remember next week. Don't know if I'll get an entry done this week.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24