Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Being a Blessing to Others

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 13:16

Ever since I was a very little child I loved to give. I gave of my time, gave of my talents, gave of myself. I loved helping the elderly ladies that lived on our block. Sometimes I would just visit, other times I would help them make cookies or dinner, I might help them water their yards, I would often sing for them. I did the same in the homes that cared for people that needed extra help too. I would help where I could at church, help teachers after school etc. I just love helping others and giving to them. As I have become an adult I have found other ways to give and it always makes my heart so glad to be able to give the gift of a quilt to someone. Last week I was able to mail this one out. It touched my heart to hear a story about a blanket that the recipient has, which is worn but still so treasured. I hope that this will be something new, also treasured and be an expression of his mother's love for him. May the Lord use it to provide warmth, security and love. In a way anytime I am ever able to provide like this, or like a monetary donation that I was able to also do last week it reminds me of a parable from the bible that goes like this,

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...Matthew 25:35-40

I am so thankful for the provision the Lord continues to grant my family. I am thankful that we can make sacrifices to then also bless others. It's in time of sacrifice through blessing that I truly feel His Glory. I pray that He continue to open the doors for us to be a light of His eternal glory and promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24