Friday, April 15, 2011

The Hurt of Lying

It seems we have a wave of lying in our home lately. I don't want to go into details because that would not be fair to the people involved yet it made me want to research what the bible says about it because my heart is so saddened by it. It really does leave you hurt. It leaves you with less trust maybe, it leaves you with doubt. I think in all three areas it leaves Satan a door to cause further damage. I think that is why the Lord spoke on lying specifically. We all do it from time to time, little white lies etc, its the out right blatant ones that always hurt me the most, the ones when you absolutely know they are lying but they insist they aren't. 
"What is desirable in a man is his kindness, and it is better to be a poor man than a liar."
Proverbs 19:22
"Get rid of all hard feelings, anger and rage. Stop all fighting and lying.
Put away every form of hatred"
Ephesians 4:31 
"If you obey the Lord, you will always know the right thing to say but no one will trust you if you tell lies."
Proverbs 10:32
If you could please keep my house in prayer. We have some really tough decisions to make and I am praying that things will work themselves out as they are made.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24