Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Zuppa Toscana" Potato Soup

Brown your sausage, it doesn't have to be cooked all the way but fairly close. I use an entire package of Italian Hot Sausage

Peel and cut up 5-8 potatoes it depends on the size

Half a package of mushrooms sliced and one small handful of kale. I cut the centers out and fold the leaves then slice through both directions.

In the crockpot I start one large can of Chicken Broth (because I don't have any premade this time) and throw in the potatoes, I cook this for about 2 1/2 hours. Then add Kale and Mushrooms for 30 min to one hour. It is really good soup. You can cook it on the stove, just add the kale and mushrooms during the last 10-15 min. Kale barely takes any time to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24