Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rag Quilt Finished

I finished this quilt last night. I would say the whole thing from start to finish took 20 hours. Probably the longest taking quilt I have ever made. If that makes sense. It was so worth it when I pulled this out of the dryer though. I am tempted to wash and dry it one more time, but I am unsure. It has been washed and dryed twice. In fact in Tide and Downy so that it smells just like her mom's clothes when they came to me. I really like it!
Closeup of the ragging part
Another closeup
The Front-back- not sure which is which on these quilts since they are in a way turned inside out. I think this quilt will be extra special just because of the multiple clothing items I was able to use and that it is nothing but her mothers clothing, even the batting is sweatshirts/pants that she wore. Just the idea to me seems so old fashioned and lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24