Friday, March 11, 2011

Proverb Friday


18 "There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand:
19 the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden.
Proverbs 30:18-19

I love this verse. This morning I woke up a little discouraged. Let me start by saying I have a great marriage, we are really good friends and rarely fight so for that I feel very blessed. Let me finish by saying sometimes I feel like we walk on separate plans. What is important for one does not seem to be important for the other, or maybe its more just that our priorities are different. I struggle with this sometimes because when our game plan is not the same I feel let down. I think that is fairly normal though and I don’t feel like we need to always be on the same page.
I have been working very hard to keep the house in check and this week a couple things happened where I was left disappointed. Then I felt guilty over being disappointed. I realize I had the right to my feelings, I am thankful that I have learned that I CHOOSE how I continue to deal with those feelings. This morning I CHOSE to find a bible verse that would give me some comfort. Marriage is a wonderful gift from the Lord. I used to feel that my husband would meet my needs, with wisdom and understanding I learned that he will meet SOME of them, but the Lord will always meet MORE.
This verse reminded me to focus on the good and let go of my disappointment for the week, it also reminded me to take my feelings, grudges and let downs to the Lord, lay them at his feet and leave them there. As this weekend approaches, I pray for wisdom as I plan to still conquer the house and some quilt orders and my husband plans to work outside planting crops for the summer harvest. Still very much two different paths, that at this time don’t seem to cross, but I pray that the Lord work in one of our hearts so that we can get more accomplished by working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24