Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday is hosted here at Spiritually Unequal Marriage in January. 

Thankful Thursday

""Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
John 14:1 NIV

I am thankful that I can trust in our heavenly father. This past month has been a little more stressful for us. Maybe it is the start of the year, maybe it is that my husband’s work is in the middle of a slow season, so there is no overtime. I am not quite sure. I know we just had 9 weeks tests for the kid’s school and that always leaves them depleted at the end of each day. I am thankful we had a three day weekend with the kids so they could catch up on some sleep and become focused on what they needed to achieve with their classes for the next 9 weeks.
I know we are still frustrated that we do not have a second vehicle running yet. It means I can’t take on any sub hours and with it being a slow quilting time too, it really hurts what we can buy grocery wise or how to pay some of our bills.  He does still continue to provide, for example chicken has been on sale and I can be a little creative to make meals stretch to hopefully weather this “lack of money” storm.
 I am also thankful a friend was able to pick up our daughter after basketball practice on Tuesday and I have a friend who can come get me on Friday so I don’t miss their award ceremony at school, she is also willing to take me to the post office to mail a quilt order I completed this week and return a book my daughter finished to the library. So even though once again this week we are still with one vehicle He is providing.

1 comment:

  1. It is during these tough times that we can really recognize blessings from God. Sometimes I would much rather take the easy road, but I miss out on recognizing the blessings. I am feeling ya on the grocery budget. I babysit, so if school is out, so are the teacher's kids, and therefore my paycheck. Our snow week last week produced me $25 for the week. God lined several things up ofcourse and we made it. He is always so good. I enjoy your honesty. God is good, all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24