Saturday, January 22, 2011

Psalms Saturday


Psalms 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. (NIV)
Sometimes it is very difficult to wait on the Lord. We have really been struggling financially. Yesterday my husband got a small extra check from work. I can’t tell you what a relief that is. We can now hopefully start working on fixing the car so that we have extra transportation. We can also set some aside so that I have extra money to shop with the next time I can match coupons with Kroger’s Sales, as my stockpile of food is decreasing, and I admit I was starting to worry just a little. I had been trying to hold out on his end of year pay information since I knew taxes would provide a little relief but it seems his work is taking the 31st of Jan seriously because we still have yet to get them so that I can file. I had prayed so much last week when we had to spend the last of our grocery and gas money for the month on an expense that had come up. This now provides money for that, and the inspection that is due on the truck that my husband is currently driving. I am so unbelievably thankful.
There have been so many other times where I have had to wait on the Lord patiently. It is very hard to do when things are rough. Sometimes we wait for good things though like college acceptance forms, an upcoming wedding date, and the birth of a child. Those times don’t seem as difficult even though we still have to be patient. I feel like the Lord gives us these sand paper times in order to deepen our relationship with Him. I know for me when things are super rough and then he answers our cry and provides in one way or another, I feel immediate comfort, immediate Praise, and immediate Thanksgiving. I think if we didn’t have some really deep moments like we are going through right now we would not be able to feel the complete difference in lifestyle and need and it wouldn’t make what HE provides in some ways feel like a miracle. In this case I feel like HE provided a miracle, one of which we are very thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24