Thursday, January 20, 2011

Proverbs Friday


Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up. (NIV)
Anxiety
Distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune
fear, foreboding; worry, disquiet
Cheer
Something that gives joy or gladness; encouragement; comfort
joy, mirth, glee, merriment, solace

Anxiety is a powerful thing. For me I struggle constantly, partially because of a real chemical imbalance. I have not had to take medications for it in a couple of years though, that was a great obstacle overcome. One in which I prayed immensely about and the Lord freed me from.
When it is cold and there is very little sunshine I find that I struggle that much more. Winter time I have learned is harder too; I thought in years past that it was because of the lack of sunshine, lack of going outside, being home bound more. I learned that it is also because my husband leaves and returns when it is dark. Odd reason but I found much truth and comfort in it.
I have learned that with honesty the devil cannot bind you as deeply. I am very honest with my husband these days, these past couple of years. I immediately let him know when I am having a rough time. This week has been one of them. Partially not feeling well, partially just depressed/anxious. We stumbled across this verse and realized how much TRUTH is in the words of Proverbs 12:25.
While I try to work through not being anxious, not being depressed often it is the kind words in my life that keep me going. Posts where people “like/comment” on things I have accomplished such as quilts, the kids being appreciative of meals cooked, help with homework and projects. Sometimes my husband will go the extra mile, give me a call in the middle of day for no reason, send an email. I have learned it is much harder to stay “down” when you have a good support system, in order to have that though it takes Honesty. Most importantly I have found that solace is a great healer- time in the Word of the Lord and prayer. Men cannot provide all we need, the only perfect being that can is our Heavenly Father. It is interesting that Solace is a Synonym for cheer. Something we can definitely get from time with our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24