Friday, January 28, 2011

Proverb Friday



Proverbs 24:27
Put your outdoor work in order and get your fields ready; after that, build your house. (NIV)

Digging Deeper
Work:
Exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.
Order:
To regulate, conduct, or manage, to arrange methodically or suitably
Field (farm) –
A tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood
House: (home)
A house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household, the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

When I think of this verse I think of my husband and my middle child Zekaryah. In Honor of his birthday I chose this verse this week. This boy loves to be OUTSIDE. He is always doing something out there. It’s anything from building, to digging, to planning to often times getting into trouble. What is funny is he gets into trouble the most not for what he does that often does not seem very productive to my husband and I, however we respect his creativity; but for not putting the “borrowed” items of Paul’s back in their proper places, i.e. they are left about outside.
I was talking to my husband about this verse the other day. I said did you know the bible says we are to prepare our fields first. He just laughed and said, “Okay so let’s work on the garden instead of all your inside projects you have planned- see even the bible says”. I just had to laugh. It showed me that we each truly have our own desires. While mine is to have a house that functions- may take years to get there, his is to have a yard that functions. He wants a huge garden that provides our salsas and other items throughout the year. He wants fruit trees- which we keep losing to the cold weather the last three years, he has even tried chickens twice which the dogs won’t seem to let him have.
I am thankful we are each different. We each bring something to the table and complement each other. I focus on the differences in our family and I celebrate them. Each of my children compliments my life differently and I would never want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24