Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Children are Blessings


Psalms 127:3-5
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate. 
As this week moves forth I am brought to the idea of our children as we begin to celebrate the boys birthdays, which are 12 days apart from one another. Should have been only 4 days but Jakob was born late and Zekaryah was born early, regardless there is almost exactly 2 years between them. I love this verse as I very much see my children as a reward from the Lord. I make a huge deal about birthdays in our house. Not in gifts rather we celebrate all week by allowing them to choose the menu- at least dinners anyway- since all three have birthdays during the school year. We do allow one bigger gift or maybe a couple small ones, it just depends on how things are. I am still praying I get their quilts done in time to give to each of them. For now I will focus on this verse and how blessed I am to have them each in my life. I love them all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24