Friday, December 31, 2010

End of 2010

As this is the last day of 2010 I wanted to focus on  bible verses that deals with the past and the future
“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”  Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

You know I think often people get stuck in the past. I have been known to do it. We can easily focus on how people have wronged us, how our childhood was, how such and such affected us. The list can get very long and tedious. I think its ever so present in our early adult years when we are really struggling to decide who we are, what we want to be, where we want to go in life. I know one obstacle I have struggled with was being adopted- for various reasons. It was not so much being adopted just the whole situation around it and how there was a constant turmoil between parties involved. Another obstacle was my marriage. We sure did struggle. Rightfully so though- we did not always LET GO of things- both of us being guilty.

I think the Lord wants us to forget the former things so that he can continue to open doors in front of us- its hard for him to shine light through a window if we are always looking behind. Hard for us to see the true blessings he has in store if we are full of negative emotion and pity. For me I don't want to miss an opportunity he has because I can't get past some hurt that happened yesterday or even years prior. I often say that there are many things in my life that I would not change because it truly has made me the person that I am. To this day I stick by that. My past has allowed me to embrace the challenges we currently face daily-
How to put food on the table, how to manage children- having a close family and working, the list goes on. Most importantly how to work to have a good marriage.

The Lord never promised for Life to be easy. He never said we would not stumble, that we would not feel pain, that we would not be wronged by someone else. He did say that
He has a plan:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Jeremiah 29:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

We should have hope:
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Eternal Life:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John 6:40
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.  John 10:28

Forgiveness
Matthew 26:28
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 13:38
“Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.
Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace


So simply put- Choose Christ, Repent your Sins, Ask for Forgiveness, Receive Eternal Life - move on from yesterday- put it behind you and look forward to the blessings of today as He prepares for us a Tomorrow.

Have a very Blessed 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24