Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankfulness Countdown


Today's Thankfulness countdown- today I am thankful for my mother, Sharon Unger. I had a wonderful example of Christ in my home growing up. She was kind and giving. She was generous of her time and expected the best from us. I am grateful to have had her as my mom for the time the Lord granted. She helped make me into the woman I am today.

Today's Thankfulness countdown-I am thankful for my dad. He adopted me when I was very little and I am so grateful for his loving decision. I am thankful he taught me the importance of taking care of others through his many years of caring for my mom. I am thankful to always have someone in my corner even when I make mistakes and that he also lets me know how proud he is of the woman I have become. I love you DAD!

Today's Thankfulness countdown- I am thankful today for my husband. I could not ask for a better friend. We enjoy spending time together and I am looking forward to a day in Galveston on Tuesday while the kids are at school. He is also a wonderful father to our children. I am very blessed.

Today's Thankfulness countdown I am very thankful for my son Jakob. He came very quickly after we got married and has been such a blessing to all of our lives. He is bright and talented, loving and kind. I enjoy that he bakes wonderful brownies and tries to always achieve more in life. I cherish the next four years of school he has.

Today's Thankfulness countdown I am very thankful for my son Zekaryah. He struggled at the start of life and I am very thankful the Lord allowed me to keep him. He is so loving and caring toward others. A child with a heart of gold. He works very hard, harder than most to get what he wants and I am very proud a...ll his hard work. My favorite thing about him is his hugs, they can warm anyone's heart!

 Today's Thankfulness countdown (early) I am very thankful for my daughter Mekenzei. She is such a treasure. I enjoy her bright shining smile, the way she laughs. I love that she tries anything she finds interest in. My favorite things are cuddling up with her during movies in my bed and listening to her sing.

I am very thankful as Thanksgiving approaches to have Christ in my life. I am thankful to be able to trust in the Lord and know that he will continue to provide for us. Especially since Lately we seem to have so many things go wrong and quilt orders did not pick up for Christmas.. He is there to carry us right now and... we will to continue to be a blessing in other peoples lives, despite the struggle in our own.

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. We went to our Paul's brothers house for the lunch meal then went to his sisters for snacks and desserts that night. It was a lot of fun. Zekaryah joined in on the poker game this year- only a $2 game..he actually was in fourth place. Pretty good. 

I think the best part for us was this little bop it game the boys and I played. I had never played before. It might be something I actually try to find and purchase for us as a family game to own. I enjoyed yesterday as I finished a quilt and then worked on another- it is almost complete as well. We cooked our own Thanksgiving feast. I had to laugh because Mekenzei only ate some corn, green beans and mac n cheese. I made this huge meal and that is all she "liked". Not quite sure how I will handle her as next year approaches it becomes more difficult to feed her, as she doesn't like anything. As last night rolled in and the weather dipped to 29 degrees I was thankful we have a home in general even if we do not have heat. Just to go get the dog outside was unbearable. Zekaryah slept in a sleeping bag with a hooded sweatshirt on. I think that was a brilliant way to deal with our very chilly house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24