Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Do Not Worry about Tomorrow

So often we forget the simple lessons of the bible- one that we should remember to apply daily. Trust in Him always because He will lead your path. It's so easy in the times we live to get discouraged and find ourselves drowning in worry. Lack of money, maybe a job, relationship problems. Yet if we trust the Lord with the simplest of things- He will provide- we will not go hungry or lack of the things that we actually Need...want however maybe a different story. :-)

I find myself trying very hard not to worry about tomorrow. As orders for quilts are slow, as a job has been absent for nearly a year now. Somehow we continue to make it by God's Grace and Mercy. I am ever so thankful to see him present in our daily lives. Just this weekend I had a gift card from Verizon- as Paul's phone had gone out while I was at my dad's this summer and he had to replace it. It was for exactly $50. I found myself needing Paper towels, toilet paper and Cascade. Kroger had some coupons to load to their store card- then I had a paper coupon for each item for $1 each. So after my purchases of things such as yogurt, cereal, granola bars, lunch meat etc. My bill came to just over $40, the org total was $80 something. I was ever so blessed as I had forgotten about those Kroger loadable coupons, as well as the extra savings from Shortcuts and Cellfire to go along with my Quaker, Yoplait and Hillshire savings by paper. This was an example of my prayer for help with our weekly budget in the site of needing paper products which often times become so expensive and double your bill. It was an example of the Proverbs 31 woman- one who researched, clipped and found the best deals- like two cans of beans by Old El Paso at 34 cents after using a $1 each can. It was also a prime example of faith. I knew that I did not have to worry about the next week. I could plan a little but that when groceries are needed again- HE WILL PROVIDE A WAY..

So I actively try not to worry, instead I try really hard to trust and to have faith, because that is what HE ASKS of us daily. So if there is something on your heart that worries you, take it to the Lord in prayer and Lay it at HIS FEET.

Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24