Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday- finishing up

This Thomas the Train Pillowcase was made for my friends baby Noah, he just turned one yesterday. I was so excited to get it done and take with me. I was able to spend some of his birthday with him which I thought was really neat. He doesn't know Thomas yet but I thought he would like the bright colors of the fabric. He sure did. He would just lay his little head on the pillowcase. It was the sweetest thing. Of course I also purchased a pillow too, because I was counting on it being his first real pillow. It sure was. That made it the perfect gift.
This is a new baby genius Quilt. I made it for my younger two's choir teacher. Is that even correct grammar.. Oh well. Anyway she has a niece that just found out she is due in a few months so I suggested one of these. I have another quilt order from her for a Baby quilt in pink and brown damask fabric. I sure hope that one turns out as nice because it will not have cut fabric. It is just one piece on either side with binding- that is not my typical quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24